Sign in to follow this  
Alex

NEWS Britney SLAYS Happy Birthday LIVE

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Was this the last time she was in Singapore? If so she better move bitch, must have something in the water or something  :laugh: 

Love the " You Got it All" performance 

• Like 3

Hours later and I'm still listening to Britney sing happy birthday. Who needs to go out tonight?

also, making her team has really deluded her into thinking she is singing with playback only for them to turn off the output of her microphone? Hmm

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mila said:

I'm lowkey salty at this video because she could very well put in some hours every week with a vocal coach and strengthen her singing voice. If Selena Gomez is gassed up enough to feel comfortable singing live, Britney should feel comfortable enough to sing live. I've come to the conclusion that over the years she has been deluded into thinking she can't sing for shit so she doesn't even bother. If they didn't prioritize her "Britney" voice so much, she very well could get back to singing in her more natural register live.  

Yep. She can only improve if she works at it, and she should. It's time for an image revamp anyway.

• Like 5

I can't stop playing this. It's kinda embarrassing! Even my boyfriend who's a choral singer was like "wow I didn't know she could sing that good!"

3 hours ago, DahMuzikMan said:

Those vocals are FIYAH.  Totally reminds me of the Open Arms rendition she did at 14-15 YO.  Get those melismas, Brit!

Omg open arms can u imagine if she did that now?? She's absolutely capable

It would be the death of me :rip:

• Like 1

I listened to this before going to sleep and genuinely thought I was having some weird dream but it's real that sneaky bitch 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Punkhippie said:

This just proves that her baby voice is fake. Even Glory doesn't have her natural voice. Yes it's her best album vocally in years but she's still singing with her girly voice. She coos, she doesn't belt. I wish one day Britney makes the album she really wants to make and just showcase her natural voice. That would be a great career reinvention. I think the reason she doesn't sing live is because the baby voice is hard to replicate live (especially while dancing). Even ballads are hard to replicate live if it's not sung in her natural voice. Her songs are not in her vocal style. Everytime is sung in her falsetto baby voice, so it's gonna be hard to replicate that live. That's why she lipsyncs it now. I know she's sung it live before (onyx hotel tour, snl) but she struggled greatly and cracked because it just doesn't fit her voice. She needs to make music that fits her voice. I don't think Britney is a versatile singer (like Kelly Clarkson who can sing anything, any genre), so she needs to pick the right songs (American Idol judges stress that a lot) that would showcase her voice properly. Some singers can sing the phone book, some can't. I don't think Beyonce is as versatile as Kelly Clarkson either. She sounded horrible on Gaga's "Telephone." Beyonce is only good singing HER own songs (or any soul song) because they're meant for her voice.

Britney sounds great here, not flawless, but with vocal lessons she can really become a skilled singer.

She didn’t sound flawless because it was one hour into the show and after Slave 4 U. :coffee: 

• Like 1

I've read that after this unusual effort her doctor advised her to put her voice to rest and to go back to lipsynching for the next 10 years. 

• Like 7

I love her deep vocals but what type of music would that fit best?  What artist out now has a strong deep vocals?  I'm honestly curious. 

I kind of feel it it would be hard to sing most of her hits cause they would have to be sung in a different key. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I love her deep vocals but what type of music would that fit best?  What artist out now has a strong deep vocals?  I'm honestly curious. 

I kind of feel it it would be hard to sing most of her hits cause they would have to be sung in a different key. 

At least they'd be sung.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Blues

Country

Adult contemporary

R&B

Cabaret

She has a deep and thick tone that is also feminine and sweet. She just needs to work on pitch and breath control. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Mike said:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, anthony. said:

I've been walking around my house singing Happy Birthday. It is no one's birthday.

Same :laugh: 

• Like 1