WHAT IS BADMEDIAKARMA?
We are a community of lovers of pop culture. BMK is a safe space for people from all walks of life. Our members are entitled to share their opinions freely, provided that they are respecting the rules that have been established. These rules serve to ensure a good atmosphere where members can express themselves without disrespecting or harassing others.
Please remember that the staff is not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this website. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the report feature. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- We ask that you refrain from posting in threads of subjects that you dislike.
- Respect the opinions of others, even if they are fans of other artists. No need to bash them even if you hate their "fave."
- Posting photos and gifs of any material that is considered "not safe for work (NSFW)," such as nudity and pornographic material, is only allowed as long as it is placed within a spoiler cut along with a NSFW warning OUTSIDE of the spoiler to make it clear as to what type of content is within the cut.
- Use spoiler cuts in TV and movie threads when discussing actual spoilers. It also helps to label a spoiler or a potential one outside of the cut. This should be done out of respect for people that want to enjoy the discussion without any interference.
- If you have a problem with someone's post, use the report button. This is highly encouraged as the staff is not always available and may have missed the post in question. Please limit your reports to content that is against the rules and would likely result in the member receiving a warning. Joke reports are not tolerated. (See below for information on our point system.)
- Download links are NOT allowed in the Discussions forum. Posting such links will result in warning points (see below). There are other methods of sharing media available. We have received warnings and threats of legal action from record labels in the past. We are ensuring BMK's future by not allowing downloads.
- You must be an active member of this community. We will periodically delete members with 0 posts or those who are inactive for long periods.
- Fake or made up artists, especially ones that use peoples' photos and/or details of their personal lives without their permission, are not allowed on this forum in any capacity.
- Do not post photos of other members without their consent. Doing so falls under harassment.
- "Official threads" for celebrities are no longer allowed. We encourage the creation of separate topics when news arises. Single threads dedicated to musical genres (like the K-Pop thread), TV shows and movies, and lifestyle (such as the love & sex thread) are still allowed. You can find a list of approved official threads here.
- There is no such thing as a "discussion thread." There never was. Please do not bump old threads. Just create a new thread. If a thread has fallen past page 3, it's old.
Avatars & Signatures
- Avatars and signatures must not depict inappropriate or offensive content, or nudity. We want to ensure the ability to safely browse publicly. You may disable avatars and signatures in your settings if you are still unsure.
- You may only have 1 image in your signature. The dimension of the image cannot exceed 500x300.
- Your signature should not exceed 600x600 pixels in total. That includes the image, text, and free space.
- If your signature includes an animated gif, the file size must not exceed 1MB (1024KB). This limit is set for people with slow connections and computer issues to have an easier time browsing the site. To find out the filesize, right click on the image, and click 'Properties' or 'View Image Info.'
- If you violate these rules, you will be notified. The offending image(s) will be removed immediately and you will receive a warning. (See below.)
If you violate these rules, you will receive the following amount of points:
- Avatar/Signature Violation - You will receive a zero point warning for your first offense. The second offense is 1 point. Each offense thereafter will result in 5 additional points.
- Download link in Discussions forum - 5 points each time, no exceptions.
- Offensive Post - 10
- Trolling - 10. This includes incessant negativity and purposely inciting drama.
- Abusive Behavior - 15. Bullying, harassment, etc.
- Threats - 20
Once you receive a certain amount of points, your account privileges will be modified.
50 - Your posts will be sent to a queue for the mods to review for 3 days. Inappropriate posts will not be approved.
60 - Same as above, but for 7 days.
70 - You will be suspended from posting for 7 days.
80 - 14 day suspension.
90 - 30 day suspension.
100 - You will be banned permanently.
Please note: The staff is not obligated to divulge when points are given out, how many are given, or whom they've been given to.
The following actions will result in an immediate ban, regardless of how many points you have.
- Registering multiple accounts, especially when you've been banned previously. If you have not been banned but for some reason cannot log in to your account, tweet us @bmk_online or DM us on Instagram @bmkdotcom.
- Sharing your account with anyone, whether they are banned or otherwise. We will be able to tell by checking IPs.
- Excessive prejudice (racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, etc.)
- Intentionally posting false information consistently and leading others to believe it.
The staff reserve the right to modify these rules and guidelines at any given time. We are a growing community and will adapt as we evolve.