Sign in to follow this  
runaway

Spice Spice Girls last Wembley stadium show tonight!

8 minutes ago, dirrty said:

Yup opening on basically killed the mood for those behind them. It was great though. Did something happen at the start? All the dancers came out, was great, it looked like they were ready to start in their posing position and then they just started running around again? I felt like there was a small delay so they had to keep going. 

I’ve no idea but I do think something happened because they were coming out to 90s songs and then they switched to a Kelly Rowland’s song from like two months ago

5 hours ago, Sergio said:

I’ve no idea but I do think something happened because they were coming out to 90s songs and then they switched to a Kelly Rowland’s song from like two months ago

Yeah I forgot that, was so odd 🤣 random

It seems like Ginger thinks she’s Posh now? Too many gowns. Where’s the camp?! 

15 minutes ago, José said:

She’s an English country house wife now! 

• Angry 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, José said:

It does indeed feel like Ginger has lost her spark. She's a mom now. 

I feel like the Mels have the best costumes for this show 👌

• Love 2

29 minutes ago, runaway said:

It does indeed feel like Ginger has lost her spark. She's a mom now. 

I feel like the Mels have the best costumes for this show 👌

Can’t she just put on the persona on the stage though? Like come on sis. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, José said:

I dislike her opening outfit so much, but thought it was very camp 😂

I'd like to see the skirt slightly shorter and fitted, or it be altered into a corset and hotpants.

The other gowns she wears are more appropriate though because they match what the other girls are wearing.

4 minutes ago, dru said:

I dislike her opening outfit so much, but thought it was very camp 😂

I'd like to see the skirt slightly shorter and fitted, or it be altered into a corset and hotpants.

She could’ve still had the same effect with the same print/fabrics without omitting the essence of Ginger if it was something like her Olympics costume. Shorter with that scrunched up thing on her butt.

283C8C60-2849-4752-9C2D-091653B6F7CC.thumb.jpeg.be57d7b248f4d61d5807d4442f8965b5.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It surprised me when their costumer said Ginger has always been regal. No, she was not. Throwing on a dress with a union Jack on it does not make one regal. Ginger was always very brash and camp.

However, those things no longer suit her. She looks amazing in those costumes. It might be a little boring but it's more appropriate for her now.

• Love 2

i thought the tickets were sold out, but i checked ticketmaster and they had the floor tickets, so decided to buy for Wembley 13th June 😄 im excited

• Love 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenna said:

It surprised me when their costumer said Ginger has always been regal. No, she was not. Throwing on a dress with a union Jack on it does not make one regal. Ginger was always very brash and camp.

However, those things no longer suit her. She looks amazing in those costumes. It might be a little boring but it's more appropriate for her now.

I agree with you. I think the costumes suit who she is now, but the opening one is bad 😅 It just looks really weird next to other girls outfits. 

I love the Holler outfit. It's on theme, but totally suits who she is - leather, but a little more conservative compared to the other girls costumes.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Luke said:

i thought the tickets were sold out, but i checked ticketmaster and they had the floor tickets, so decided to buy for Wembley 13th June 😄 im excited

They released extra tickets today.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

Melanie c is so good 

Good thing she’s the fit one because she’s always had to carry the group’s vocals on her back. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

54 minutes ago, José said:

Good thing she’s the fit one because she’s always had to carry the group’s vocals on her back. 

True dat tbh. Her and Emma are the essential Spice Girls.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, runaway said:

True dat tbh. Her and Emma are the essential Spice Girls.

I always say that! Mel C and Emma carry the songs and are essentially the voice of the band. The others add the ~texture~ and personality - Mel B and Geri’s deeper vocals and raspiness is used in such a great way throughout the debut album.

• Love 1

I just realized now that they only ever performed as a 5 piece in the US during the reunion tour in 2007. That's crazy. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I just realized now that they only ever performed as a 5 piece in the US during the reunion tour in 2007. That's crazy. 

During their reunion tour it was all of them, but when they did the 1998 Spiceworld tour in the US, Geri had already left. 

32 minutes ago, Jorge said:

During their reunion tour it was all of them, but when they did the 1998 Spiceworld tour in the US, Geri had already left. 

yea thats what I meant. Thats crazy that they may be only time all 5 will ever be together in the US.