Sign in to follow this  
runaway

Spice Spice Girls last Wembley stadium show tonight!

1 hour ago, Mike said:

yea thats what I meant. Thats crazy that they may be only time all 5 will ever be together in the US.

Oooooh, I went back to read it and i see it now. 😂

the Spice girls are everything to me, even before momney came into the picture i was always listening to their songs, i spent a lot of time translating the lyrics to know what they were singing, to find the words “aint” or “gotta” on the dictionary, they taught me english, to accept and love myself and see life in a positive way, I’m so happy to see them happy with their families and spreading their message that goes beyond the “girl power” they will always have a special place in my heart 

• Love 9

4 minutes ago, AJ Limelight said:

Why can’t they come to the us 😭

Fingers crossed they will. It's a huge production and given that they're only doing 13 shows in the UK, they know that they could make twice as much if they decide to tour the world later this year or maybe next year. That could've been the reason why Victoria pulled off before finalising negotiations.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Santiago said:

Fingers crossed they will. It's a huge production and given that they're only doing 13 shows in the UK, they know that they could make twice as much if they decide to tour the world later this year or maybe next year. That could've been the reason why Victoria pulled off before finalising negotiations.

I agree. There’s no way they invested in that huge production for only 13 dates. There’s gotta be an international tour plan they haven’t revealed. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Whammy said:

I wish they did Right back at ya

It would've been great to see Forever represented more outside of the singles (Right Back At Ya and If You Wanna Have Some Fun were my hopes). But I guess with Geri involved it doesn't make much sense, and they've only done Goodbye, Holler and Let Love Lead The Way purely because they were singles and all feature on the Greatest Hits album.

3 hours ago, Santiago said:

Mel C supposedly claims that Victoria was never even asked to participate 😄

3 minutes ago, runaway said:

We all know that’s not true

11 minutes ago, Santiago said:

We all know that’s not true

Maybe, but Mel C is usually the most honest and straightforward of the group 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, runaway said:

She might not have. 🤷‍♂️

If we believe everything that was reported about the early meetings, there were a lot of discussions about how expand the brand (i.e. films and tv) that she might have been keen on, but I don't feel like she was ever fully on board with the idea of performing again with them.

(Edit - Oh wait, I read that wrong as Victoria never asking to participate herself, haha).

11 minutes ago, dru said:

She might not have. 🤷‍♂️

If we believe everything that was reported about the early meetings, there were a lot of discussions about how expand the brand (i.e. films and tv) that she might have been keen on, but I don't feel like she was ever fully on board with the idea of performing again with them.

(Edit - Oh wait, I read that wrong as Victoria never asking to participate herself, haha).

Victoria never should have involved herself in those initial meetings in the first place. After they posted that picture of the 5 together, all that did was get the fans hopes up. They probably did discuss the expansion of the brand into TV and film like the animated spice girls movie thing, but she never expected them to do things without her. She was quoted as saying, "I'm not going on tour, the girls aren't going on tour." So she pretty much wanted to be involved on her terms as long as she didn't have to perform, but I mean they're THE SPICE GIRLS. A music act. If they're going to reunite for business, of course they were going to want to tour and perform. So they pretty much moved on without her.

• Love 1

After seeing a ton of videos from the show, Victoria was not needed. She literally would have added nothing to the show and woulda probably ended up slowing down the other girls. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike said:

If posh was invested like she was during the last tour it would have been great. 

What? She did not want to be there during the last tour.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dynamic Sym said:

After seeing a ton of videos from the show, Victoria was not needed. She literally would have added nothing to the show and woulda probably ended up slowing down the other girls. 

I agree 100% with this. Her vocals were not missed and neither was her energy. The girls had great chemistry they made us laugh a lot of the time and I feel like Victoria being there would have just held them back.

Also I don’t know if you guys could tell from the videos but they LOVED being on the stage, you could tell from their faces, specially Mel C could not stop smiling.

• Love 4

30 minutes ago, Sergio said:

What? She did not want to be there during the last tour.

She was the one so passionate about it in all the interviews. She was saying she wanted to show her kids that mummy was a spice girl. She was definitely present and there at the tour in 2007. 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

She was the one so passionate about it in all the interviews. She was saying she wanted to show her kids that mummy was a spice girl. She was definitely present and there at the tour in 2007. 

But when it came to being on the stage she was not passionate at all, there's videos that can prove that. She just wanted to show her kids that she was a Spice Girl, that's it.

• Love 3

15 minutes ago, Sergio said:

But when it came to being on the stage she was not passionate at all, there's videos that can prove that. She just wanted to show her kids that she was a Spice Girl, that's it.

Never saw that. 

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Never saw that. 

Just look at the girls reaction vs Victoria's reaction. They're all happy they know a song like Headlines (obviously, my country stanning them) and Victoria is just standing there.

40 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Just look at the girls reaction vs Victoria's reaction. They're all happy they know a song like Headlines (obviously, my country stanning them) and Victoria is just standing there.

She had a massive smile on her face? And we know she doesn't like her smile so that's quite a reaction from her. Just because she didn't hold out her mic doesn't mean she was negative