BadMediaKarma

Spice Spice Girls last Wembley stadium show tonight!

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Also. Anyone else shocked this isn't being billed as the final tour. Thought they would milk that. 

I think it's on purpose, maybe if it was all 5 and Victoria was adamant it's the final time, they would bill it as such, but as a 4-piece without Victoria's reservations there's a lot of opportunities for them. They could continue touring for as long as they want to, do new music, anything.

Nicki Chapman who used to be their publicist said she expects this to be the start of something bigger.

• Love 2

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got to the hotel. It’s the best fucking concert I’ve ever been to. I might biased because I love them so much but it was just fucking great

the Spice girls are everything to me, even before momney came into the picture i was always listening to their songs, i spent a lot of time translating the lyrics to know what they were singing, to fi

😭😭🤣

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, dru said:

I think it's on purpose, maybe if it was all 5 and Victoria was adamant it's the final time, they would bill it as such, but as a 4-piece without Victoria's reservations there's a lot of opportunities for them. They could continue touring for as long as they want to, do new music, anything.

Nicki Chapman who used to be their publicist said she expects this to be the start of something bigger.

I can bet they'll, at the very least, release ONE new single. I hope for more though.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, runaway said:

I can bet they'll, at the very least, release ONE new single. I hope for more though.

I hope so. Even the ill-fated 3-piece reunion was aiming to release music, even if it was just supposed to be the theme tune to a TV singing competition (Song for Her). 

• Love 1

Song For Her was pretty ghastly tbh 😆 so cheesy. No one wants to hear a song about motherhood.

If they actually do record a new song, with Mel C's input I'm sure she would make sure that the song is good.

Did anyone see when Geri made that post that had lyrics to W.O.M.A.N? Maybe they are gonna re-record and update that song? 

• Love 1

This is the post I'm referring to. Geri had more lyrics (she wrote "if you truly love a woman") but has since edited the post. 

Interesting that she posted this since she this was after her time in the group/had no involvement with the song.

Could be just a coincidence since they say WOMAN in the vid she posted though 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, runaway said:

Song For Her was pretty ghastly tbh 😆 so cheesy. No one wants to hear a song about motherhood.

If they actually do record a new song, with Mel C's input I'm sure she would make sure that the song is good.

Did anyone see when Geri made that post that had lyrics to W.O.M.A.N? Maybe they are gonna re-record and update that song? 

They could re-purpose Spice Is Back which is an unreleased song from the Greatest Hits album. Mel C said once it was good, and hummed the tune.

• Love 1

I love Denying too 😆 There really isn't a song from the first two albums that I don't like, they're both gold. Two of the best pop albums of all time, not a filler in sight imo.

Their music is just as much a testament to their  greatness as their overall package was, they were just so brilliantly marketed and it didn't feel fake or forced (heightened, yes), like how Mel C described them as a jigsaw puzzle that just worked. They were so unique that no other female band after them has been able to touch them since.

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

Spice girls songs are all great.  They were ahead of their time tbh. 

So true. I don't feel like they get as much credit for their music as they should.

• Love 3

I say Spice World is their best album because it feels like it has aged the best. 

Spice sounds very much rooted in the mid 90's.

Forever sounds like early 2000's pop/r&b.

What I loved about the first two albums was the the variety, the dabbling in various genres and sounds. Variety is the spice of life!

• Jenna locked this topic