BMK

Britney DOMINATION RESIDENCY CANCELLED

Adam93

I’m still kinda in shock over this. It feels surreal. I was really looking forward to my solo Vegas trip in May and seeing the show. I just saw my email that Ticketmaster was refunding me and I just feel so uneasy about it. 

I just listened to the Its Britney Bitch podcast episode about the cancellation and they definitely mirrored a lot of the thoughts that have been going through my mind. Something just seems off and it’s felt that way since the messy announcement back in October. Like there’s more to it than just Jamie. Idk. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Leo said:

Girl... I don’t see how a ruptured colon can be a blessing to anyone involved

Obviously that’s not the blessing. But for her, career-wise, the postponement could be. She could have done the show with Jamie sick, and we’d never have known. That’s the other option here. But for the Britney Spears machine, of which Jamie is at the wheel, this break is smart and needed. We all more or less agreed that it was too soon for a new Vegas show. Now the show launch will likely coincide with new music and maybe even a shred of excitement from the public.

I’m not trying to be insensitive at all. I feel awful for Jamie and his family. But I don’t think it’s wrong to find the silver lining. And I think they were considering all this when the decision was made.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Obviously that’s not the blessing. But for her, career-wise, the postponement could be. She could have done the show with Jamie sick, and we’d never have known. That’s the other option here. But for the Britney Spears machine, of which Jamie is at the wheel, this break is smart and needed. We all more or less agreed that it was too soon for a new Vegas show. Now the show launch will likely coincide with new music and maybe even a shred of excitement from the public.

I’m not trying to be insensitive at all. I feel awful for Jamie and his family. But I don’t think it’s wrong to find the silver lining. And I think they were considering all this when the decision was made.

I don't know. Her career wasn't really in jeopardy, I think the residency would have been just fine in the end.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Franco said:

Right? That nappytabs girl said something along the lines of "everything happens for a reason" or whatever and I was like... No.

I saw that in one of the videos they shared and cringed! I know they’re just trying to be positive and comforting, but these kind of sentiments just don’t sit well with me. I’m sure Britney wasn’t making this decision and thinking “Oh well, I guess everything happens for a reason! 🤪” 

I just listened to the podcast. They make some valid points. I bet you if she does come back.  NappyTabs  get fired from the creative directors.  This whole residency was messy af.  I am glad she is taking time off for her family and herself 

I honestly don't care much to hear random speculation, especially if it's negative. 

I choose to believe Britney is truly worried about her father and wants to be there for him. Perhaps she also feels like she wants to finally take a hiatus and just live her life comfortably. Also, I get that nappytabs is being unprofessional but don't understand why everyone is so outraged at them. I guess perhaps they're coming across a bit insensitive towards Jamie? Idk. I only glanced at their post.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Is there something more? Probably. I think the ticket sales explanation was kind of a stretch though. The Aerosmith and Cher residencies have way more open seats than Domination did for their opening nights.  So, I don’t think that MGM would pull the plug for that.

searching for additive narratives feels wrong to me. there really isn’t a precedent for this in Britney’s career and I understand we’ve been traumatized by a lot in our time, but that doesn’t mitigate the real fear of having your parent go through/be in a life threatening situation. idk something rubs me the wrong way of this being presented as a cleaner way of getting out of the residency. 

i haven’t listened to the podcast, and maybe after I listen this will be unfounded but by some of the reactions here that’s how it seems. it’s annoying that some of the history of being a Britney fan can potentially clout the reality of this. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I remember the budget tweet and they responded to a Britney stan saying it wasn’t Britney. Then they RT’ed another tweet that essentially laughed at people thinking they would be so unprofessional to do so. in general they are a bit of mess, it’s always questionable when people get too involved with stan twitter.

all of this said though, it’ll be interesting to see how the next year unfolds. hopefully everyone can wait and see this play out respectfully. 

1 hour ago, Arti said:

I just listened to the podcast. They make some valid points. I bet you if she does come back.  NappyTabs  get fired from the creative directors.  This whole residency was messy af.  I am glad she is taking time off for her family and herself 

They said they were going to give us live vocals and better costumes.  They are definitely not coming back 😬

• Like 1

I really think it was Britney’s decision to stop and be with her dad and her decision alone. I think people looking for other reasons that the show is being canceled is a stretch. Jamie probably has lots of medical procedures coming up that she will want to be 100% present for.

On a side note - I was watching NappyTabs insta stories today and the dancers were all hugging and saying stuff like “see you in March for rehearsals”. 🤔 

6 minutes ago, Jake said:

I really think it was Britney’s decision to stop and be with her dad and her decision alone. I think people looking for other reasons that the show is being canceled is a stretch. Jamie probably has lots of medical procedures coming up that she will want to be 100% present for.

On a side note - I was watching NappyTabs insta stories today and the dancers were all hugging and saying stuff like “see you in March for rehearsals”. 🤔 

But they’re all laughing when saying it so .. idk

ok how do I listen to this podcast? 

I want to know why everyone hates nappytabs. Based on what everyone is saying there seems to be no reason to hate them. It seems to me they are trying to give us the best show possible but her team is being cheap. They are being vocal about it which is unprofessional but her team being cheap gave us Britney Jean and the same rehashed show gradually deteriorating for five years. 

I feel like if they are replaced we will end up with a complacent creative team which won’t challenge her team at all and give us POM 3.0. Yay.

8 hours ago, cesar said:

that britney podcast with bradley and tkyle kind of summed up things nicely for me. i pray jamie has a fast recovery and continues to heal, but there were clearly other factors involved in the decision making, or at least it seems apparent that there were based on nappytabs tweets after and before the fact, which i wasn’t even aware of. you guys should listen if you have the chance 

Tea. They pretty much addressed every theory that went through my mind after the announcement. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jake said:

They tweeted saying that was for a different project.