Jump to content
BMK

Ariana Ariana Grande drags the Grammys on Twitter


Styles INC.
 Share

Recommended Posts

I appreciate Ariana's voice and some of her music, and I think it's great that she spoke up, but let's be honest – she isn't the best performer. Her most memorable performance was at last year's VMAs, and I loved it, but was anyone looking at Ariana? Probably not. 

 

If performing on the Grammy stage is that important to her, perhaps she should have selected a more appropriate song, like Imagine, instead. 7 Rings is trash and won't do her any favors in the long run. That's not a song worth fighting for.

 

It goes without saying that it was unprofessional for the director to lie and just as bad that they're still using Ariana in advertisements. 

  • Love 5
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jenna said:

I appreciate Ariana's voice and some of her music, and I think it's great that she spoke up, but let's be honest – she isn't the best performer. Her most memorable performance was at last year's VMAs, and I loved it, but was anyone looking at Ariana? Probably not. 

 

If performing on the Grammy stage is that important to her, perhaps she should have selected a more appropriate song, like Imagine, instead. 7 Rings is trash and won't do her any favors in the long run. That's not a song worth fighting for.

 

It goes without saying that it was unprofessional for the director to lie and just as bad that they're still using Ariana in advertisements. 

7 rings, the song that has been number 1 for the last two weeks and has put her in a tie for being 1 of only five people to ever have 2 #1 debuts, and will remain number 1 for a third week, unless her other song takes its spot, will do her no favors?  Did you even read the supporting articles? She offered three songs, not this song or nothing. Yes, this thread is about her reaction, but to not think it’s a problem that 5 of the biggest musical acts in the world refuse to even ATTEND even after being nominated is just crazy to me.... but ok. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Get back said:

7 rings, the song that has been number 1 for the last two weeks and has put her in a tie for being 1 of only five people to ever have 2 #1 debuts, and will remain number 1 for a third week, unless her other song takes its spot, will do her no favors?  Did you even read the supporting articles? She offered three songs, not this song or nothing. Yes, this thread is about her reaction, but to not think it’s a problem that 5 of the biggest musical acts in the world refuse to even ATTEND even after being nominated is just crazy to me.... but ok. 

I don't care. Terrible songs get the #1 spot on a regular basis. Being #1 does not make a song good.

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jenna said:

I don't care. Terrible songs get the #1 spot on a regular basis. Being #1 does not make a song good.

Ok, and you are welcome to that opinion, But your dislike for the song doesn’t have anything to do with it. You said it wouldn’t do her any favors, which is like ... what do you call record breaking career highlights of not a “favor” ? You also can’t just ignore the fact that she didn’t refuse to perform unless it was that song. She gave them options, it was ken who basically said “perform this or nothing at all” this performance would be cool for the fans, but like she clearly wouldn’t get anything extra from it than honor. The Grammys however would greatly benefit from her star power considering they can’t even get a relevant host.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Y’all this is not an Ariana Grande forum. This girl is pretentious as shit. It’s the GRAMMYS. Yes do they suck most of the time? Sure. But you’re not better than them. She’s been insufferable for a while now. You are not the he greatest thing on planet earth.

And she has proven this time after time. I can’t recall a pop star who has acted this bratty in a while. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Marcus said:

And she has proven this time after time. I can’t recall a pop star who has acted this bratty in a while. 

Lawlz so was it “bratty” when Rihanna turned down the super bowl to support what she believes?  Or since that’s politically driven it’s ok, but when it’s standing up for yourself and your artistry it’s “bratty”? This girl has gone through more than any other pop star and more than deserves to control her own damn career and power.  Is drake “bratty” so skipping too? 

  • Love 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm honestly here for our current crop of pop stars not sucking the Grammys, Super Bowl, or anyone's dick anymore. Ariana especially has been through enough shit to not need to take it from anyone and the reason her fans feel so close to her is that she's open with her fanbase about things like this. Thanks to the day-and-age, they have their own platforms. Yes, it's still the greatest honor in music but The Grammys pulled like 19 million viewers last year. Ariana has 144 million followers on her Instagram. Who needs who?

  • Love 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Get back said:

Lawlz so was it “bratty” when Rihanna turned down the super bowl to support what she believes?  Or since that’s politically driven it’s ok, but when it’s standing up for yourself and your artistry it’s “bratty”? This girl has gone through more than any other pop star and more than deserves to control her own damn career and power.  Is drake “bratty” so skipping too? 

Wow. Way to take two radically different scenarios and try to compare them, thus making your argument completely irrelevant. And like I insinuated in my original post, this is not the first time she’s shown a less appealing side of her personality. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, anthony. said:

I'm honestly here for our current crop of pop stars not sucking the Grammys, Super Bowl, or anyone's dick anymore. Ariana especially has been through enough shit to not need to take it from anyone and the reason her fans feel so close to her is that she's open with her fanbase about things like this. Thanks to the day-and-age, they have their own platforms. Yes, it's still the greatest honor in music but The Grammys pulled like 19 million viewers last year. Ariana has 144 million followers on her Instagram. Who needs who?

Thank god, finally somebody speaking some sense 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Get back said:

Lawlz so was it “bratty” when Rihanna turned down the super bowl to support what she believes?  Or since that’s politically driven it’s ok, but when it’s standing up for yourself and your artistry it’s “bratty”? This girl has gone through more than any other pop star and more than deserves to control her own damn career and power.  Is drake “bratty” so skipping too? 

Rihanna was “rumored” to have turned down an OFFER to play the half time show. Sources said it was in solidarity with Colin. Neither Rihanna nor the NFL made a statement on the matter. 

 

See hows that’s different then getting in a public twitter beef after canceling your performance? 

 

I have have no idea why Drake is skipping it so I don’t know her. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, anthony. said:

I'm honestly here for our current crop of pop stars not sucking the Grammys, Super Bowl, or anyone's dick anymore. Ariana especially has been through enough shit to not need to take it from anyone and the reason her fans feel so close to her is that she's open with her fanbase about things like this. Thanks to the day-and-age, they have their own platforms. Yes, it's still the greatest honor in music but The Grammys pulled like 19 million viewers last year. Ariana has 144 million followers on her Instagram. Who needs who?

🗣️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Get back said:

Lawlz so was it “bratty” when Rihanna turned down the super bowl to support what she believes?  Or since that’s politically driven it’s ok, but when it’s standing up for yourself and your artistry it’s “bratty”? This girl has gone through more than any other pop star and more than deserves to control her own damn career and power.  Is drake “bratty” so skipping too? 

The two situations are nothing alike. And Rihanna wasn’t going on and on about it afterwards either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Marcus said:

Rihanna was “rumored” to have turned down an OFFER to play the half time show. Sources said it was in solidarity with Colin. Neither Rihanna nor the NFL made a statement on the matter. 

 

See hows that’s different then getting in a public twitter beef after canceling your performance? 

 

I have have no idea why Drake is skipping it so I don’t know her. 

Than*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Nachocheesechalupa said:

 

As far as I could see, Adam Levine was torn to shreds for that performance, not the best example.

But do you really think Maroon 5 will be frowned upon moving forward for it? Or whispers will spread in the industry shaming him or his band? The performance was safe at best, but everyone praised Adam for removing his shirt.

 

It’s ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kenbs305 said:

But do you really think Maroon 5 will be frowned upon moving forward for it? Or whispers will spread in the industry shaming him or his band? The performance was safe at best, but everyone praised Adam for removing his shirt.

 

It’s ridiculous.

I didn't see any praise. I saw a lot of comments about how tone deaf it was, considering Janet got banned and fined for barely showing one nipple.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m sorry, I’m going to say something that probably isn’t going to be well received....Ariana is what early/mid 20’s....in the vacuum of superstardom, everywhere, with a shit ton of personal issues, she is trying to navigate. Her actions may be a bit, questionable, but she’s figuring out life on a huge stage. Sound familiar?

 

Britney did some very questionable things post-Justin, pre-children. She rebelled, found her voice, questioned authority, etc. She even said/did some things that were “bratty.” (I hate that fucking word, btw.) 

 

Some of ya’ll need to give this girl some credit and stop being so damn hypocritical.

  • Love 6
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if she gave them 3 options what was the song they wanted her to perform? A Smoky Robinson cover with a choir or what? 

 

No tears Left to Cry

God is a Woman

Imagine

7 Rings 

 

Those are four options but those are the songs she would have performed? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Nick G. said:

I’m sorry, I’m going to say something that probably isn’t going to be well received....Ariana is what early/mid 20’s....in the vacuum of superstardom, everywhere, with a shit ton of personal issues, she is trying to navigate. Her actions may be a bit, questionable, but she’s figuring out life on a huge stage. Sound familiar?

 

Britney did some very questionable things post-Justin, pre-children. She rebelled, found her voice, questioned authority, etc. She even said/did some things that were “bratty.” (I hate that fucking word, btw.) 

 

Some of ya’ll need to give this girl some credit and stop being so damn hypocritical.

Britney was never “bratty”, she was always humble and down to earth. Ariana’s shown to be the complete opposite of that. Comparing them is ridiculous

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

Britney was never “bratty”, she was always humble and down to earth. Ariana’s shown to be the complete opposite of that. Comparing them is ridiculous

Not true. Please go back to 2003/2004...there were times she was “bratty.” You’re blinded by your opinion. 

 

Plus, what Ariana doing is not bratty...again that word is terrible. She’s finding her voice...guess that’s bratty to you. No man would be described as bratty in this situation. 

  • Love 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jenna locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information